Today’s homes are well sealed and insulated. They are highly energy efficient, but low airflow could cause uncomfortable air conditions inside as the same air is continuously re-circulated throughout your home. This recirculation can throw off your home’s humidity balance and even cause damage from mold. Don’t worry, though, because Air Max HVAC Inc in Burbank can help you have an energy-efficient home that is also comfortable!
Your Key is a Continuous Flow of Fresh Air
Reduce health-threatening pollutants and make your home as comfortable as possible by making sure you have a constant flow of fresh air. You could open windows, but that only works in fair weather. Also, open windows can usher more allergens into your home. So what is the answer? A whole home ventilation system pulls fresh outside air in with your conditioned air.
For Improved Comfort and Health, Control Humidity
Condensation stains on the ceiling
Condensation or frost on windows
Sticky or clammy feeling in the air
You have to operate your air conditioner more often to get comfortable
You can also run into problems with your health and home when the air is too dry. During winter months, indoor relative humidity can be as dry as some of the world’s harshest deserts.
If you have any of these symptoms, the humidity in your home could be too low:
Scratchy, sore throat or excessive cough
Dry, irritated nasal passages
Dry, itchy skin
Cracked, peeling wallpaper
Warped or cracked wood
Damage to household furnishings
So, what can you do if your home has a humidity issue? Call Air Max HVAC Inc in Burbank at (818) 436-0006 or schedule a meeting online. We’ve got dehumidifiers and humidifiers that will help ensure your home is a comfortable home.
Allergies and Other Health Problems in Burbank and surrounding areas could be a Result of Poor Air Quality
Is your home healthy? There’s a real chance it’s not as healthy as you think. Invisible particles and chemicals carried through your home’s air may cause headaches and allergy flare-ups. And mold and mildew can cause a host of health concerns.
How Can I Prevent Indoor Air Quality Problems?
Luckily, correcting indoor air quality problems can be relatively easy. Just try these ideas:
- Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among nonsmokers, according to estimates from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Test your home for radon. Go to www.epa.gov to find out more information and to find out if your state offers free or discounted test kits to the public.
- You should have carbon monoxide alarms installed near all sleeping areas.
- Make sure your home remains smoke free.
- Dust mites can aggravate allergies and asthma, particularly in children. To reduce them, regularly clean. While even regular cleaning can’t get rid of all dust problems, you can minimize them by installing a whole-home filtration system with a MERV 16 rating, the highest capture efficiency among air cleaners.
- Anything that burns gas should be vented to the outdoors.
- Don’t use scented candles or aerosol sprays to hide odors. Instead, discover the source of the odor and get rid it.
- Cleaning supplies, paints and hobby products should be low- or no-VOC (volatile organic compound), which are safer for you and the environment. Ozone is a proven lung irritant, so it’s also a good idea to avoid using products that produce it.
- You can help keep humidity levels comfortable using a humidifier or a dehumidifier, depending on your area. Keep humidity under 50% to inhibit mold and mildew buildup.
- Patch all leaks and cracks in your home.
- Make sure your home is properly ventilated, to prevent moisture problems. With a ventilation system, stale, contaminated indoor air is replaced with fresher outside air.
Having your HVAC equipment inspected to greatly reduce buildup of contaminants or moisture is one more easy way to keep your home healthy. You can call Air Max HVAC Inc in Burbank at (818) 436-0006 or simply make your appointment online.